Queer City Cinema Inc. now presents two distinct festivals annually - a performance festival and a media arts festival.
- Performatorium - Festival of Queer Performance - January 10-12, 2013
This year's theme is on orality, the mouth, speaking, singing, language and listening.
Deadline for submission - September 1, 2012
- Queer City Cinema - Festival of Queer Media Art - June 13-15, 2013
Deadline for submission - March 1, 2013
There is no submission fee.
- DVDs (NTSC or PAL) and on-line submissions will be accepted for preview. DO NOT send master tapes.
- DVDs must be labeled with the title, running time and contact info (including name, address, email address, phone number, and website if applicable).
- Works submitted in languages other than English must be subtitled or accompanied by an English transcript.
- You will be notified of final programming decisions two months prior to the start date of the festival.
- All preview DVDs will be added to the Queer City Cinema archives unless accompanied by a self-addressed stamped envelope (for submissions from outside Canada please use International Postal Coupons) and a request for return.
- IF YOU ARE SENDING WORK FROM OUTSIDE CANADA, PLEASE INDICATE ON THE OUTSIDE OF THE PACKAGE FOR FESTIVAL PREVIEW, NO COMMERCIAL VALUE OR YOU MAY BE REQUIRED TO PAY CUSTOMS DUTIES.
- DO NOT SEND WORK VIA UPS (UNITED PARCEL SERVICE) AS THEY CHARGE LARGE CUSTOMS FEES WHICH THE FESTIVAL WILL NOT PAY, AND YOUR SUBMISSION WILL BE RETURNED.
Please include the following info and documents with each submission:
DOWNLOAD SUBMISSION FORM (PDF)
- Preview DVD (NTSC or PAL).
- Completed and signed submission form.
- B&W and/ or colour stills. (Images on disk and emailed stills are both acceptable).
- Synopsis/ press kit. (If it is a non-english language, please send press materials in original language as well, if available.)
Please send your DVDS to:
Queer City Cinema
attention: Gary Varro - Artistic Director/Curator
c/o The Saskatchewan Filmpool Coop
301 1822 Scarth St.